Monday, 6 April 2009

Day 0 – The Start to a long journey

Well here we are guys, Day 0 of Vince Delmonte's No Nonsense Muscle Building. The first day of the rest of my life, the journey that can and will change my life and completely re-write my fitness forever.

A bit optimistic?

Perhaps.

But that’s me. If I am going to do something I will make sure I believe 100% in my abilities to do it. Like with testing this program. I know full well that it is not a sprint. It is a marathon.

A 52 week marathon.

Patience is most defiantly a virtue here because lets face it – we wont know what happens until it happens.

How much can I gain?

What will happen to my body fat?

Will I get stronger?

Will I lift bigger weights?

Who knows?! I sure don’t!

Despite all the uncertainty I have been in deep thought and decided on a few goals to add to my MAGIC Hundred list to keep me motivated and moving forward at a steady rate.

è To gain a minimum of 1/2lb Lean Muscle Mass per week
è After 52 weeks I will weigh in at 210lbs (38lb gain needed)
è Drop my body fat to 10% by the time the program is completed
è To lift 100kg on Bench Press by the time the program is up
è To lift 1.5xBW on Squat by the time the program is up
è To lift 2xBW on Deadlift by the time the program is up.

I think everyone can agree that these are some quite decent and relatively realistic goals to strive for. I have faith in my abilities to make all these come true.

Ok time to talk about the program.

I have spent all weekend looking over this, the various exercises, the tempos, the sets and reps. There are a few exercises that I am unable to perform due to lack of equipment.

As I am using my own guy there are certain things that I do not own – but for good reason. All exercises that I cannot perform can be mimicked using other equipment or there is an alternative exercise.

I explained in my first post that I managed to sprain my ankle, well, this still isn’t healed and still giving me a lot of grief. However this will not stop me hitting the gym. A lot of people have called me mad for this.

I will not be performing leg work until my ankle is healed, however I will continue trying. I am constantly trying to speed up the recovery time and so far I think I am doing very well. Shouldn’t take too long.

I said I will start No Nonsense Muscle Building on April 6th 2009 and I will be. I have taken measurements that I will post up when I have written them up properly and I have also taken before pictures that I will post up when I find the camera cable (trust me to lose it).

Measurements:

Thanks for all the support guys,

Sean Ryan
http://www.musclemadness.tk/
http://www.seanryan-pt.blogspot.com/

PS. Have you tried Vince Delmonte's No Nonsense Muscle Building? If so leave me a comment and let me know what you think. If you haven't let me know why, i am interested to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment